Many blind or partially sighted people live on low incomes, and therefore it is essential that they claim their full benefit entitlement.
In our experience many people do not claim all the benefits that they are entitled to. BlindAids’ Welfare Rights Service offers a free benefits assessment for people who are:
- Blind or partially sighted, possibly coping with other disabilities as well
- A recipient of the BlindAid home visiting service
- Financially disadvantaged – leading to poor quality of life
- Have restricted mobility – unable to seek or take advice outside the home
- Limited communication ability – unable to seek or take advice by telephone.
We can offer advice by telephone or in the comfort and security of your own home if you would prefer.
We currently offer our Welfare Rights Service to BlindAid Service Users in the 12 Inner London Boroughs:
- Hammersmith and Fulham
- Islington & The City
- Kensington and Chelsea
- Tower Hamlets